We all lead busy lives and let’s face it- who has time to doll up every day? No worries, there are some tricks to achieve a flawless natural makeup look within minutes. Here are some tips and a quick makeup tutorial that will give you that filtered look (without the filter).
Before we start beating our faces, there are a few things to take care of. The first one is your skin. Proper skin care is a must for a flawless finish. Think of your face as a blank canvas. If you want a smooth, flawless finish you must have clean, moisturized skin.
Good skin care consists of cleansing, toner, serum and moisturizer. Since everyone’s skin is different, finding the right products for your skin is important. If you’re pressed for time, at least cleanse and moisturize before applying your makeup.
One of the biggest trends in beauty during fashion week is masking before makeup application. They moisturize, plump, detox, even calm the skin. With thousands of masks on the market, finding the right one for your skin can take time. For dry skin, try a deep moisturizing mask. For normal skin, try a plumping mask.
You’ll never achieve a flawless finish with dirty brushes, sponges or finger tips. Be sure to wash brushes regularly and always apply makeup with clean hands. Dirty brushes and hands can cause breakouts in the skin.
How to Achieve a Flawless Natural Makeup Look
- Apply BB cream mixed with a highlighter onto moisturized skin. Blend with fingertips (or a brush). Moist & Firm BB Cream, IPKN $35
- Conceal- hide any imperfections using a good concealer. Allow to sit for more coverage while you contour. (Shape Tape, Tarte $27)
- Contour the areas of your face you wish to shape and enhance. Contouring the nose, cheekbones, forehead, jawline and lower lip helps give you that flawless look. If you have a small forehead, do not contour it or it will appear smaller. (True Color Transforming Contour Stick, AVON $11)
- Blend- blend in your contour followed by your concealer. Use a Beauty Blender for a more flawless finish. Beauty Blender, $20
- Bake. add a setting powder over your concealer while you add bronzer. Then, sweep lightly with a fat brush. This will set and tighten your concealer and make it last longer. Ben Nye, Banana $13.50
- Bronzer- sweep lightly over the areas you contoured for a warm sculpted effect. Terracotta, Guerlain $53
- Highlight- Make your new flawless look glow by adding highlighter. Apply from your temples to the top of the cheekbone, over your cupid’s bow, chin, above the corners of your eyebrows and for an awake look- the inner corners of your eyes. (Hustla Baby, Fenty Beauty $34)
- Eyes- Dab on a glossy eye color for a wet look. Add mascara in a zigzag motion. Lights, Camera Lashes, Tarte $23 Glazed & Confused Eye Gloss, NYX $9.49
- Add a shiny gloss for that glowing goddess touch. Gloss Bomb, Fenty Beauty $18
- Set your look with a setting spray. A setting spray allows your look to last longer and stay in place. (Mist & Fix, Makeup Forever $14)
Depending on experience, this tutorial may take up to 10 minutes. It’s a perfect everyday look and if you want to glam it up some more, you can add lashes and a winged liner. 😉